Sunday March 2nd 9.30 – 3.00
(parking available or take bus 49A from Durham (approx 20 min. journey)
This practical workshop will provide you with the skills to grow and graft edible fruit trees. Grafting is an age-old technique that allows you to adapt fruit and nut trees and shrubs to best suit your climate and conditions, and save you money! Using these skills you can reproduce your favourite trees, create dwarf varieties and even repair damaged trees.
This workshop covers:
- Short history of grafting
- Grafting basics – how it works
- Getting your technique right
- What to expect after you’ve grafted
- Caring for grafted plants
You will need: Pen, Paper, a Stanley knife with a new blade.
Course cost includes :
- choice of apple rootstocks and scions all suitable to the North-East climate, to allow you to create the right trees for you
- a tree to take home with you (other trees available to buy on the day)
- refreshments available all day and lunch of freshly made vegetarian soup, bread and cakes using local, seasonal ingredients. (All dietary needs can be catered for)
- all course materials
- Places limited … to book email email@example.com or call 07779672370